What is Kashmir honey (Acacia honey)?
Kashmir valley is home to various flora. However, Acacia Flower is dominant and also a generous and pleasing nectar source for Honey bees.
Similarly, the pollution-free environment and the Himalayas’ pure water create an excellent ecosystem for bees to make organic honey. Therefore, the honey made by bees using Acacia flowers nectar in the Pollution-free Kashmir valley is Kashmir Honey.
Honey from Kashmir valley is a light colour premium quality honey. Hence famously known as Kashmir Acacia honey or Himalayan honey. Is it white honey? Well, though it is sometimes called white honey, however, it is not.
Bharat’s honey team collects acacia honey Kashmir directly from the Kashmir valley. We are experts in handling honey hygienically. Therefore, this allows us to serve Kashmir honey in raw form.
Bharat Kashmir Honey is usually in high demand because of its light colour and irresistible taste. Besides being liked by children a lot, this healthy and nutritious golden liquid is also a ‘honey of choice’ by herbalists.
About Acacia Tree – a significant source of Kashmir honey:
Acacia tree is a unique tree present in the Kashmir valley and has slightly pink to white flowers.
Flowering happens during the mid-month of May. Therefore, it stays for 10-15 days, and flowers are super-rich in nectar. As a result, it attracts honey bees in plenty.
During this period, many beekeepers keep their bee boxes on the field to collect Acacia pure honey. In this way, Kashmir raw honey is harvested.
Honey bees in Kashmir valley:
The valley has only two types of honeybees:
Apis Cerena Indica (Native bees):
Characteristics of Acacia honey:
There are some unique features of this organic honey that make it special. Here are a few reasons why people love this honey:
- It is light in colour honey which makes it very appealing.
- Sweeter than other honey, as Acacia flowers have less amount of bee pollen which makes it more delicious compared to other honey. Therefore, Children love this honey. We can say it, big honey, not small honey because of its natural quality.
- It has a unique, delicate exotic aroma which appeals to everyone.
- Kashmir Acacia honey rarely crystalises. Though for a few times it may also crystallise because of mustard flowers inhabitation in the region. or because of the presence of mustard honey in the combs during migration.
- It is organic honey from the pollution-free Kashmir valley; as there are no big industries in Kashmir valley. Acacia is not a cash crop, therefore, no intervention of humans or no contamination of pesticides or fertilisers.
Acacia Honey health benefits and its uses:
It goes best with the milk, bread, Chapatis or as a topping on salad etc. It also tastes good on ice cream.
For this reason, we can easily replace it with sugar because of its sweetness.
Since children like this honey a lot. So, It is the best idea to replace it with heavily processed harmful confectionaries.
Use it in any herbal remedies, as Kashmir valley is very famous for medicinal and herbal plants too.
- It is a natural energizer for people of all ages.
- Rejuvenate the whole body. It is suitable for the skin and helps in purifying blood.
- Its antioxidants prevent many diseases.
- Relieves cough cold and sore throat.
- Calms your mind and has a soothing effect. Also, It gives you a sound sleep.
- Helpful in the treatment of allergies.
- Contains antifungal and antibacterial properties, so, helpful in healing skin infections.
- For burns, raw honey is better than any antiseptics ( proven scientifically).
- Good for teeth and gums (the only sweet which prevents cavities, because it is acidic and has an antibacterial effect).
- Improves the digestive system, unlike other sweets which harm the stomach lining.
- Soothes the stomach lining and improves digestion.
What is white Kashmir honey?
Kashmir honey because of its light colour is mistakenly called white honey.
White honey is a Kiawe tree ( Prosopis Pallida), honey. It originates in the Islands of South America but not in India.
Kiawe honey rapidly crystallizes into fine crystals, giving a cloudy and white appearance to honey, resulting in pearly white honey which is flowable.
This acacia honey benefits have been compiled from various print and electronic media. Therefore, do not consider any part of this website a replacement of a doctor’s prescription. Consult a physician for any symptom or disease.
Though unauthorised to give you any medical advice, but we stand by our claim and are entirely responsible for the purity and quality of honey.