When we talk about Jamun honey people get confused with Jamun flavoured honey.
Bharat’s pure Jamun honey is 100% real, natural honey collected from Jamun(Syzygium Cumini) orchards. It is original honey.
Bharat honey’s team reaches these areas during the flowering season to procure Jamun Honey directly from the source. We have years of expertise in harvesting and handling honey hygienically. We do not heat nor ultra-filter it.
The rawness of Bharat’s Jamun honey is evident from the original jambul aroma and the presence of abundant Jamun flower bee pollen.
Characteristic features of Jamun honey:
It is dark in colour, slightly bitter or less sweet in taste and has a strong aroma of Jamun. one can identify it by just smelling it.
Because of abundant bee pollen, It is turbid.
About Jamun flowers:
Jamun tree has small white fragrant flowers. They are present in clusters at the tip of the stem. Jamun flowers are rich in nectar and pollen.
In addition, we have a good flowering season in northern India during the month of May and June. In these months most of the other flowers have ceased to bloom.
The long flowering season and richness of nectar in flowers is a treat for honey bees. They suck as much nectar as the Jamun flowers offer to prepare Jamun pure honey.
Which honey bee collects Jamun nectar?
Apis Dorsata the wild honey bees are good at collecting Jamun flowers and nectar.
Most of the Jambul honey in India comes from Apis Dorsata or rock bees.
Other honey bees like Apis Mellifera (domesticated honey bee), Apis Florea and Apis Cerena Indica also work well when the atmosphere is favourable.
How to confirm authenticity?
In this test, bee pollen is counted using a microscope.
More than 45% of bee pollen of Syzygium Cumini confirms the authenticity.
Bharat’s Jamun raw honey may have more than 70% of Jamun nectar and pollen.
What is Jamun honey?: Its Sensory analysis
Jamun honey has unique organoleptic properties. Its aroma and after-taste are unique. This property cannot be duplicated artificially that’s why the organoleptic is the critical test to confirm the authenticity.
Hence the Jamun natural honey taste, after taste and aroma of Bharat’s Jamun honey, is the best evidence of its genuineness.
For checking the purity of honey refer to my blog How to check Purity of honey.
About the Jamun tree?
Jamun, jambul or Syzygium Cumini tree is a 50-100 feet tall evergreen tropical tree that is native to the Indian subcontinent. Many hybrid varieties are taller.
By discovering Jamun fruit’s benefits for diabetic patients, Doctors are advising Jamun fruits for diabetic patients. Jamun fruit is sweet, acrid, and sour in taste. Jamun fruit is also suitable for diarrhoea symptoms. It is also astringent and diuretics.
Even the seeds are extensively used in the preparation of many anti-diabetic herbal medicines. The leaves are oblong and have a turpentine smell. They are used in the manufacturing of soaps. Wood is water & termite resistant. The bark has 8-19% tannin hence used in dye industries.
As a result, there is a difference between Jamun honey vs Normal honey.
Jamun Honey Benefits:
It has antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and many essential micronutrients which are extremely healthy for our body. Here is the list of Jamun honey health benefits:
- Routine use of raw honey is part of your healthy lifestyle.
- It rejuvenates the whole body. It is good for the skin and can be used to relieve cough. Its antioxidants prevent many diseases
- Relieve cough cold and sore throat.
- It calms your mind and has a sedative effect. It will give you sound sleep.
- Helpful in the treatment of allergies.
- It has antifungal and antibacterial properties. It also helps heal skin infections.
- For burns, raw honey is better than any antiseptics. ( proven scientifically)
- Good for teeth and gums. (the only sweet which prevents cavities- because it is acidic and has an antibacterial effect)
- Improves the digestive system. Unlike other sweets which harm the stomach lining. Raw honey soothes the stomach lining and improves digestion.
- Honey for weight loss: Raw honey is famous for its positive effects on weight loss. Raw honey not only suppresses hunger. It also gives you instant energy when you are dieting.
- Raw honey can prevent cancer because of the presence of antioxidants.
Can Diabetic patients use Jamun honey?
A holistic medicine practitioner advises Jamun fruit and its seeds for diabetic patients. Jamun fruit’s benefits for diabetes are well known.
There are studies that have proven that even Raw Jamun honey for diabetes has a low glycemic index and can lower the fasting “serum glucose” and increase fasting ‘c’ peptides.
Making it a recommended food for type ‘2’ diabetes mellitus. In other words, It is a sweet blessing for diabetic patients.
Bharat’s Jamun honey is raw. hence diabetic patients can use it in small quantities with the doctor’s advice. Buy the best Jamun honey online.
How to use: Jamun honey uses
Bharat’s best Jamun honey is the best replacement for white sugar for diabetic people. However, seek advice from a doctor before consuming.
- Sweeten the tea with natural Jamun honey
- Take a spoon after each meal
- Mix one spoon in a glass of water and drink whenever you need energy
- If doctors allow you to eat 2spoon of sugar, then you can eat up to 6 spoons of Jamun honey. Routine consumption of it can help prevent body complications like weakness and pains.
- Mix honey with powders of cinnamon, fenugreek and Ashwagandha, It is very helpful for diabetic patients. It reduces pain and weaknesses significantly. (Dibo-Prash)
Jamun fruit is famously used for diabetic treatment. Therefore, it is no different because it comes from the Jamun fruit flower. This natural has the similar nutrients that we enjoy in Jamun fruit. Read more about Jamun honey and its historical benefits.
1. What is Jamun Honey? Is it flavoured or genuine honey?
When honey bees collect the nectar from Jamun tree flowers to make honey, we name it Jamun honey. No way it is flavoured honey. Genuine raw honey!
2. From where does Jamun honey come?
It mostly comes from the northern region of India, where Jamun flowers grow in plenty during June and July.
3. How does it taste?
Well, it offers a slightly bitter taste with the pungent aroma of Jamun and has a smooth and runny texture.
4. What nutrients does it offer?
It has a good nutritional profile as it contains Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Zinc, Iron, Potassium, and Folic acid.
5. Does Jamun honey offer benefits similar to Jamun fruit?
Yes. It does. Though it is in honey form, its internal properties are similar to Jamun fruit.
6. Is it good for people with diabetes?
It is, but they should take it in moderation. Also, it is the best replacement to table sugar.
7. Is it suitable for other medicinal purposes?
It does because of its rich nutritional profile. Therefore, it is ideal for medicinal purposes.
8. How can I use It?
Well, you can use it in many ways in your everyday diet. Find out its usage.
9. What is the guarantee that it is pure honey?
Bharat’s Jamun honey is the NMR test passed honey at a German-based laboratory. You can check the report in detail.
10. How do you procure Jamun Honey?
We procure it directly from the source. No middlemen. We also challenge a reward of Rs.10000 if any adulteration is found.