Do you want to taste original-pure-raw honey? Are you wondering what defines pure honey and where to get it? Do you know honey naturally comes in varieties that define its origin and flower sources?
The reason is, honey bees collect the nectar from the different flowers and regions.
Every region is popular for a particular flower season. And the taste, aroma, colour, texture and price of natural honey differ according to its flower and geographical locations.
Example of Honey varieties:
1. Acacia flower blooms largely in the Kashmir valley. So, honeybees around there collect the nectar from this flower largely. Hence, a genuine local brand pack it separately and sells it as Kashmir honey.
2. Litchi Honey: Bees collect the nectar from the Litchi flower mostly during its flowering seasons in the states of Bihar, Punjab and Uttarakhand.
3. Sidr honey: The nectar of Sidr Honey is collected from wild jujube flower which blooms in the deserted areas of Rajasthan.
4. Jamun Honey, the nectar that comes from the Jamun flower during its flowering seasons in the Northern part of India.
5. Multi Floral honey: The nectar comes from the multi-floral source from the forest areas of the Northern region of India.
This is how the original honey comes from different regions and flowers. So, never believe the big brands offering one type of honey throughout the year. Trust the local brands which offer varieties in honey.