DIY whole wheat bread using raw honey in place of sugar is always healthy and delicious. And it is a good alternative to processed white flour bread which may cause several health issues.
Say ‘no’ to Regular Sugar and ‘yes’ to Raw Honey in Whole Wheat Bread:
Bread made out of white flour is carbohydrate food that includes sugar which increases the blood sugar level.
Therefore, it is always wise to replace both white flour and sugar with whole wheat flour and Raw Honey. This replacement is healthy and provides amazing nutritional values.
Whole Wheat Bread with Raw Honey: Amazing Benefits!
It provides good nutrition and more fibre compared to processed white flour. In addition, it contains vitamins, iron and calcium. Consequently, these are essential for a healthy life. In addition, it offers low glycemic index that will help in managing your blood sugar level.
The whole wheat bread contains more fibre than white flour bread. Hence, consuming this fibre-rich bread with raw honey prevents constipation. Not only this, it will help in controlling weight and keep the heart diseases away.
Enjoy Eating the Healthy Bread in Various Ways:
You can eat it after taking off from the oven in warm condition or there are many ways that you can use to savor this super healthy bread.
Make healthy sandwiches with this soft texture bread. It would be mouthwatering breakfast! Also, you can have a healthy breakfast with this bread and honey. Simply spread the honey on the bread and enjoy your treat.
Here is the DIY-Raw Honey Whole Wheat Bread Recipe:
- Pure honey – ¼ Cup
- Active dry yeast – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Warm water – 1 ½ Cup
- Unsalted butter – 3 tbsp
- Whole wheat flour – 3 ¾ Cup
- Kosher salt – ½ tbsp
- In warm a water bowl sprinkle the yeast on top it. Keep it aside for 5 minutes to allow the yeast to proof.
- Add pure raw honey and butter.
- Mix 2 cups of flour and the salt to the level where it becomes moistened. Also, beat the mixture for well 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Now use the remaining flour to stir it until the dough comes cleanly from the sides of the bowl.
- And knead it on the surface until the dough becomes smooth and flexible for 10 minutes.
- After this place the dough in a large bowl and cover it loosely with plastic wrap. Leave it for 40 minutes until it doubled in size.
- Take out the dough and punch it down. Now shape it into a loaf.
- First, place it in a loaf pan. Second, cover it with plastic wrap and again leave it for another 30 minutes.
- It is time to preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Finally, uncover the dough and place it in the oven and bake it for 40 to 45 minutes until it is well backed.
The whole wheat bread with pure honey definitely gives you all the health benefits that are essential. So, let’s dive into making this wonderful fibre rich DIY-raw honey whole wheat bread yourself.