Beeswax has been widely used for furniture polishing right from the 12th century and became the most preferred furniture polish during the 18th century to this day.
There is a lot of buzz on ‘green polishing’ in selecting the polishing or cleaning products which contain no harsh chemicals. The reason is, the cleaning agents with harsh chemicals may pose a danger to our health.
The threat of harsh chemical arises when we apply it for cleaning furniture, surface and other house-hold articles.
This shows the importance of choosing environmental friendly products such as Beeswax furniture polish.
Beeswax furniture polish is absolutely safe and very effective that gives a new life to your furniture.
What it does is that, it acts as a preserver. It gets into wood easily to prevent it from going dry, moisture and furniture surface damage. This type of natural cleaner gives you a shiny and warm appearance.
You can also apply and leave Beeswax polish cream on the dry furniture overnight. This is to let this into the furniture cracks to fill and become strong.
Here is the Simple Way of Making Beeswax Furniture Polish:
Well, you can add many other ingredients with Beeswax to make this polish. But here is a simple and easy way to make this:
- Take ¼ Cup of Beeswax – you can order this online or if you have direct access to the Beekeepers.
- You can add ¾ Cup of Mineral Oil – this is available online at Amazon.in
- Or you can add Olive Oil, but Mineral Oil goes well with this, as, it is light in weight.
- Add Lemon or any other scents to this.
- Now, you got to take a double boiler.
- First, melt Beeswax in the double boiler and after this add Mineral Oil.
- Stir it until it is mixed together.
- Once everything is melted, now it is the time to pour it into half-pint Mouth Jar.
- Then you will have to allow this to cool for 3-4 hours.
- Finally, its consistency would turn as soft like a lip balm.
When and How to Use Beeswax Furniture Polish:
Use it as a last or final step in refinishing the furniture. You can also use it on a regular basis to keep your furniture sparkling and beautiful.
Steps to follow to polish furniture:
Make sure to first clean the wood: Put some paint thinner on a piece of a soft cloth and clean the wood surface. This will take off any dirt from the furniture before using the polish.
Leave it to dry: After cleaning, leave it for nearly 2-3 hours to dry thoroughly.
Now it’s the time to polish: Now you can use the Beeswax furniture polish. First, take a clean and dry cloth. After this, take a small amount of Beeswax and put it on the dry cloth and then rub on the surface of the furniture in a circular form.
After this, allow at least 15 minutes for the polish to get absorbed into the wood.
Finally, take the fresh cloth, buff (polish) over the furniture surface to remove any greasiness. Make sure to reach every nook and corner of the furniture surface to clean it perfectly.
Beeswax is an amazing nature’s gift that goes well for using as furniture polish. So, go green and keep your furniture as shiny and new as possible.