A beeswax candle is a natural air purifier that offers a wonderful scent compared to regular candles which are harmful and a source of air pollution too.
Table of contents
The Harmful Effects of Regular Candle:
The most regular candles ingredient is paraffin wax. It is a petroleum waste product used in making regular candles.
Paraffin is highly toxic and contains two chemicals such as benzene and toluene.
It is the same as diesel fuel fumes. As a result, it creates a hazardous environment by releasing the toxic when we burn it in the candle.
The other harmful thing which the regular scented candles include is the wick containing metal i.e. lead.
This increases the risk of airborne metals posing a great risk to our health. Also, It is quite dangerous to children as it is linked to their hormonal disruption.
Therefore, the accepted material of wicks should be made of cotton or paper.
And the scented regular candles contain artificial fragrances leading to unhealthy conditions.
Benefits of DIY Beeswax Candles:
It purifies the air through the process called negative ionization. These negative ions target the bacteria, virus, allergens and dust particles in the air and pull them down to later vacuum or clean them out.
It is absolutely natural and offers a wonderful smell and health benefits. For respiratory and asthma patients it is a naturally healthy treat.
So, always be careful in choosing or making healthy candles for a healthy or quality air atmosphere at home.
Picking the Right Wick Size:
Make sure to select the wick size according to the diameter of the container you prefer to make the candle. Or you can go with the medium size wick that works fine.
Always choose cotton wick for candles. If in case your candle is burning too quickly then use a thinner wick. If it is tunnelling or struggling to stay lit for a good amount of time then try to use a thick wick.
- Beeswax – 1 Cup
- Coconut Oil – ½ Cup melted
- Essential Oil – ½ Cup ( this an optional ingredient)
- Medium size cotton wick
- Mason Jar
- First, take a double boiler and melt the Beeswax and Coconut oil all together at a low flame – don’t boil the mixture.
- On the other side, prepare the Jar with a cotton wick. You got to wrap the top end of the wick to a pencil and leave and hold it into the candle Jar.
- Once the wax is completely melted, pour it into the jar. Make sure to keep the wick straight and balanced while pouring the Beeswax.
- After this, leave it for two days for the wax to settle and be ready to use.
Here is your non-toxic and wonderful odour Beeswax candle with amazing benefits ready to use!
Beeswax is a by-product of Honey Bee. So, the Beeswax candle is a natural air purifier with an awesome smell to keep your home cheerful. So, try this super easy recipe of natural Beeswax candle at home now!